Mother's Day is just around the corner, and now is the time to start planning for this special day. Mamas work hard all year long, so why not take some time in May to honor their impact?
You don't have to do anything extravagant or expensive to make Mother's Day special. In fact, it's the little things that make the best memories. When she looks back on this day, she won't remember how much you spent on dinner or whether the card was just right. She'll remember your time spent together!
Whether you're planning your partner's first Mother's Day after baby or you're hoping to do something different for a veteran mama in your life, here are the best activities that create lifelong memories.
Things You Can Do For Her
To start, let's share some things you can do for HER. She's busy all year putting others first, why not switch things around to treat her to a special day?
- Create a bouquet of her favorite flowers.
- Prepare a relaxing, all-natural milk bath.
- Make her breakfast in bed.
- Create a scrapbook with your favorite memories.
- Book her a relaxing getaway somewhere she's never been.
- Host a virtual "dinner" in her honor.
- Cook her favorite meal.
- Clean her home and let her relax!
- Paint her nails a funky color.
- Take care of the kiddos or the pets.
Image via @babebknee
Things You Can Do Together
Next, let's explore some of the best things you can do together. You don't have to do anything extravagant to make memories. These ideas below are perfect for coming closer together this Mother's Day!
- Host a spa night with a natural face scrub and mud mask. We recommend our Rich Mom Skin scrub and our Kiwi Face Mud Mask!
- Bake dessert together—yum!
- Do a jigsaw puzzle or play a board game.
- Make a craft together
- Take an online course together in something you've always wanted to try.
- Do a Bob Ross painting night. Bonus points if you bring wine!
- Take a "staycation" in your hometown.
- Get your hair done together.
- Go to a concert.
- Take your mom out to the bar with you for happy hour!
- Book a family photoshoot.
- Take a yoga or fitness class.
- Plan a fun picnic outside.
- See your favorite movie or host a movie night.
- Go hiking.
- Plant a garden together.
- Start a new project together.
Making Mother's Day Special
This list proves that less really is more! When paired with a luxurious gift set full of her favorite self-care items, this is the perfect way to show your mom you care about all the hard work she does.
While you should take time to thank your mom every day, these extra steps go above and beyond. All mamas deserve to be appreciated for the care they give. How are you celebrating Mother's Day?